Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Willkommen

My family and I are preparing to move 5000 miles away from our home in Boulder Colorado, to Garching, Germany. Why the big move? Well my husband (Dylan) has received a Post Doc job at the Max Planck Institute, and since we had nothing better planned, we thought, "why not"?! I've started this blog to document the big move, record all the interesting things we see and learn in Germany, and to allow all of our friends and family to join in this adventure with us.

In case you don't know us, I'm Grace, wife to Dylan and stay at home mommy to James (2.5) and David (1). For the next three weeks, we're living with my In-laws in rural Colorado, until we make the big move January 31st. Right now we're spending our time frantically trying to learn German, planning for every possible need we might have in 12 hours of flying with two small toddlers, and trying to figure out how to fit our whole lives into 4 suitcase, 2 carry-ons and a diaper bag!

5 comments:

  1. Which flights did you decide on booking in the end? I hope the prep is going well and it's not too stressful for you these last few weeks x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are doing this Grace! We are going to love sharing this journey with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm glad too! That you started the blog that is, not that you're moving. I wish you were documenting a stay instead of a move:) We'll miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys! Sinead- We went with the US airways flight. Mostly because I did the time change math wrong (boo!) and thought it was leaving later than it is. I think it will work out well though, I I had a friend that had to go through customs twice in Heathrow and then Munich, and I definitely wouldn't want to do that with two little kids!

    ReplyDelete