Friday, August 24, 2012

Poing Wildpark

We've gone to Poing Wildpark twice now. It's really cool. Kind of like a zoo, but with only local types of animals, so far fewer different types of animals, and they're all more in their natural habitat. There are different kinds of sheep, goats, deer, ducks, birds, rabbits, wolves, pigs, and buffalo. Or at least animals that look very similar to those familiar sorts. You can buy animal food there and feed the different animals (most of them) which James gets a huge kick out of. This is kind of off topic, but thinking about the animal food reminded me; there are two words for food in German, one for animal food and one for people food. That's not that interesting, but what's funny to me is that baby food, uses the animal food name. Explains a lot about the way Germans think about kids. (totally kidding) Back to the Wildpark, there's also a nice little beer garden, and the most amazing playground I've ever seen. It kind of makes me wish I was a little kid. We took a bunch of photos this time, so I'll let them give you a better idea of what it's like.






















3 comments:

  1. Think I've figured out why my posts are sometimes unknown. It's when Kevin is logged in instead of me. This looks so fun! Are we going there? I should ask James and David if they will take us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks fantastic!! What an awesome playground too :) I love going to the Wildpark with Teddy- I just wish it wasn't so far anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I was just lurking to see how you were doing...
    Three things pop to my mind: How pretty you new place is, how cool that bike and trailer is, and how cute seem you boys playing together!

    ReplyDelete