Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas!

I am so behind in blogging! Not because nothing has happened in the last month, but because so much has been happening, I haven't felt like I had the time to write it all down! Now that Christmas is pretty much done, I'll hopefully have time over the next few weeks to catch up on everything I've missed!

We had a really nice Christmas here. The weather has been amazing, and we've spent lots of time outside! James was a little disappointed that we didn't have a snow for Christmas, but I really enjoyed being able to take the boys on a walk and to a playground to play this afternoon.

Our church didn't have any Christmas services, so we've pretty much just hung out around the house, but yesterday we went into Munich and walked around the Englischer Garden and visited a beer garden, which was fun, though a little unconventional for Christmas eve. There are great Christmas markets here, but a lot of them aren't open on Christmas eve, which we didn't' realize until  we got all the way to the middle of the Englisher Garden where there had been a Christmas market up until yesterday!

Today was a little quieter, and more slightly more homesick than we're used to, but it was still nice. We spread out the present opening over several hours, and the boys seemed to really enjoy every gift as it came. James got a big playmobil pirate ship, which he seemed to really enjoy. And David got new Bob the Builder (Bob-ba) underwear which he would frequently show to us and comment about. They're both at a really sweet age where they enjoy everything about christmas and just seem to soak it all in. It was fun having them both at an age where they "get" opening presents. Dylan and I both had some surprise presents under the tree (yay for Amazon gift wrapping) and that was really fun! In spite of it being a pretty quiet, low key day, I think we all really enjoyed our first Christmas in Germany, and I know it will be one I'll remember!

Since most of you in America haven't finished your Christmas Day yet, I hope you all have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment