Sunday, January 20, 2013

Busy

I keep wanting to post, but I'm so busy with my class, and by the end of the day I don't always have enough mental energy to come up with something interesting to blog about.

Things are moving along with my class. I actually enjoy it most of the time. I feel like my German learning is really accelerating, which is cool. I'm still not totally happy with the childcare for David. He's doing better, but still not amazing, so I'm looking into what other options might be out there. Originally I liked the idea of spending the time with him to and from the class, but I'm starting to feel like that more a frustrating period for both of us than it is quality time together. He does well usually on the way in, but by the time we're heading back home he's tired, and hungry and cranky, and there's often not enough seats on the train for us to sit down, so it's just difficult. If I can find him some type of Childcare in our town I might do that. If not I guess we'll just keep on plugging along!

This week has been really cold and snowy. On Thursday after a long day of pushing my lightweight stroller through the snow taking David to my class and back, I picked James up from the kindergarten. As I was pushing with all my weight to get the stroller through the slush on the way home, James said, "Mommy, I love snow and winter so much, I hope it can be winter forever!" Needless to so say, in that moment (and most moments) I really didn't agree. We had a little conversation about how two people can completely disagree about something but still love each other and be good friends. I'm really grateful for all the time James gets to play outside at the kindergarten, because neither David nor I are particularly big fans of of spending lots of time out in the cold!

I should have pictures to share of all the snow, or something, but I've been really, really bad about taking pictures lately. Maybe my next post will be all pictures, I'll work on it!

1 comment:

  1. Praying you get the child care thing figured out soon so that David can be happy and you can relax and be at peace as you learn. And I am very glad it will not stay winter all the time!

    ReplyDelete