Saturday, January 12, 2013

Weekend!

Since becoming a stay at home mom 3.5 years ago, I haven't really experienced a "weekend" in the typical sense. My weekends tend to be more or less the same as the rest of my week. I wake up at the same time in the morning, I do basically the same activities, and since Dylan often works at least part days on the weekend, there's really no change.

After a somewhat hectic, crazy week between starting my new class, David starting a new daycare, and James extending his preschool hours, this weekend has been a very welcome respite from our new hectic schedule. I've had to wake James up every day this week, and he's been tired and cranky and begged for just a little more sleep. Last night when I told him that he could sleep in today, his face lit up in the biggest grin. "Really? Do you mean it Mommy? I don't have to get up before it's light outside? I can sleep as long as I want? Yes!" My feelings exactly! We all slept in until 8:30 this morning, and it was heavenly! James didn't even put on pants until well after noon! Hopefully this little rest will help me to feel recharged for next week. I wasn't expecting this course to take quite so much out of me, but it's really exhausting for me to spend so much of my time in "learning" mode. Hopefully I will adjust soon!

Dylan snapped this picture of James today, and I think it pretty much sums up our Saturday!


1 comment: