Thursday, August 22, 2013

Belly laughs

I think little kids laughing, I mean really hard, belly laughs, might be one of the cutest things ever.

We were playing doctor today, and I was the sick patient. James was the doctor and David was the nurse. (this was probably brought on by the trip we took to the dr. for James' vaccination today). Anyway, David brought me some paper and a marker and told me I could color while I waited for the doctor. I was laying down holding the paper over my head, and did a very sloppy stick figure drawing of our family.

James came over and asked what everything in the picture was. I started to describe it. "This is Daddy, but he has really big feet, and there's me I have a really long tummy, Next is David, but he has one reeeaaaly long leg." I expected David to argue, but instead he started hopping around on one leg, and laughing hysterically. "And this is you James, it sort of looks like you have a beard" James laughed so hard and so hysterically, that I couldn't help myself. Before I knew what happened we were all three sitting on the floor laughing so hard we were crying. It doesn't sound funny in the telling, but when you find the right thing that your small kid really truly thinks is absolutely hilarious, their delight is pretty hard to contain, and it's pretty hard not to join in on the moment.

And just so I never forget, here's that picture. I'm pretty sure I have better drawings saved from when I was 5!



3 comments:

  1. It DOES sound funny in the telling! I am laughing with you and loving it!! Thank you so much for sharing that and making us a part of your life! We love and miss you all so much!! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, Grace, we are laughing really hard.

    ReplyDelete