Sunday, August 25, 2013

Rainy Day

This morning we woke up to the rain storm that has been threatening all weekend. Luckily I had a number of ideas (thank you pinterest) in mind for just such a day. We made "cloud dough", sorted colored blocks, built block towers with increasing heights, did a "science experiment", and played soccer in the rain. Actually I didn't play soccer in the rain, but Dylan and the boys did, and they had a lot more fun doing it than I would have. Days like this make me feel much more favorable toward the approaching cold weather months.

I think my camera lense had a smudge on it all day, so these pictures are not great, but better than nothing I think!


James was very proud of his "speed sorting" skills.




Here he is showing off the perfectly sorted blocks.




All dressed up to go out in the rain. I've never seen pants particularly for playing in the rain in the US, but I think they're quite clever.



Watching the science experiment. We put colored water into two cups, and plain water in the middle and then watched paper towel strips transfer the colored water into the middle cup. The end result was equal levels of water in each cup and the water in the middle cup was green.



"cloud dough" this stuff was a lot of fun, just flour and oil, but it had a texture similar to wet sand that was great for playing with sand toys and forming into shapes, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment