Monday, September 9, 2013

Plums

Well, we survived the week without Dylan. I know it's really silly to even be concerned about just one week alone, but for us, it's uncommon, so it was a bit difficult, but nothing we couldn't handle!

One of the fun things we did while Dylan was gone was make jam. We have a plum tree in our backyard, and my experience with it last year was not very positive. We didn't realize the plums were ripe until they were quite ripe, and most of them had been infested with worms. I decided to give them a second chance this year, and I'm really glad I did! We caught the plums just at the right time before they got too ripe, and they're really tart and delicious. On Friday we picked enough to make a few big jars of plummy jam.

These pictures are the of the finished jar of jam, and James' peanut butter and jam sandwich!









1 comment:

  1. The jam looks yummy! I have never made jam,but I love it!!

    ReplyDelete