Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I'm pretty sure I've gained at least 5 pounds...

...if not 10 since we got here. I actually have no idea, but I've been loading up on carbs like crazy since we moved. The bread here is so good. And there's a discount bakery about 5 minutes from our house, and on the way to the subway station. Also, there is a bakery in basically every subway station. Add to all of that that bakery treats are pretty cheap, and you can find us easting freshly baked treats nearly every day. Some of our favorite bakery treats include: pretzels, specksemmel (a crusty roll with ham and melted cheese on top), Krapfen (donuts filled with vanilla cream or chocolate or fruit filling) Nußschnecke (like a cinnamon roll), pretzels rolls, all kinds of interesting, different cakes, Schokocroissant (chocolate filled croissant), and tons of other things honestly. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. I am definitely a big fan of the German bakeries!

Sehr lecker!

4 comments:

  1. I remember those bakeries everywhere! Robin was definitely a fan as well. The other day we were out and about in Kentucky and she spotted a German restaurant and ran in and bought some brochen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! (not the weight part, but it all sounds delicious!) Hmmm... It almost makes me want to plan a trip to Germany just so you can show me these yummy bakeries ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you definitely had 10 pounds, and more to gain, and you look great if the skype camera is depicting you accurately! I'm sure it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha! Love it! It does sound yummy, and even if you gained 20 pounds you'd still be super skinny, so I wouldn't worry about it! Plus, you're forgetting all the walking you're doing without a car, which totally counteracts any bread you want to consume. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete