Friday, March 16, 2012

New shoes!

Somehow, basically as soon as we got over here I realized that David and James were about to grow out of their shoes. Maybe my kids' feet always grow really fast in the winter, because this is the second winter that they have gotten new shoes for Christmas and grown out of them by spring. Anyway, I have been warned that shoes are quite expensive here, so my plan was to ask someone in the US to buy new shoes for the boys and send them over with Dylan's parents who are coming to visit this month. (In less than 2 weeks!) However, I was able to find great deals on shoes at the bazaar last week, so I picked up a pair for James and David (€2 each!). I have to say I really like the German styles as a general rule. The first pair are David's, and the second are James'. I don't know what I was thinking trying to take pictures of them "in action". I had the hardest time getting David to hold still.



James wears size 24, and David size 20. The European sizes are really hard for me to get used to, but I'm figuring it out I think.

I also got James a new jacket at the bazaar, because his lightweight jacket was getting a little snug. He was not so happy to model it for me, but he really loves his new jacket!


The boys aren't the only ones that needed new things when we got here. I carefully chose my wardrobe to bring over as few clothing items as possible and in the process, totally forgot about spring and fall. I brought boots for winter, and flats and flip flips for summer, but I didn't bring any spring-appropriate shoes (mostly because I didn't really have any that weren't totally worn out!) or a lightweight jacket. So, a couple weeks ago I hit up the mall in Munich, and got myself a lightweight jacket from C&A and a pair of casual comfy walking shoes. I'm pretty happy with them so far!


(sorry for the bad, flash-in-the-mirror picture)





3 comments:

  1. I love your jacket and shoes! They are awesome, and James is so cute, even with his grumpy face ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's rare to see James looking that out of sorts. We laughed at how cute he is even when annoyed. I don't think he's going to be a clothes model. Got James new crocs, and David new leather bootie-things yesterday. There was exactly one pair of "boy" choices for each in their size, so for once, I didn't debate for a long time over what to get. It was pretty clear cut. Love your coat and shoes. You look good in anything and everything, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Sandy, you look good in anything and everything:) I do like the shoe styles. Boy clothes are so cute! We don't ever get that in this house!

    ReplyDelete