Thursday, February 9, 2012

Packages

We decided to skip the playgroup today. David needed his nap and we had packages coming, so I decided to stay home to be here to get them. We've been ordering tons of stuff off of Amazon.de (free shipping!), and luckily we've been home for almost every package, but the packages we weren't home for, we had to go pick up either at the post office or at the local "Lotto" (it's like a lotto ticket/convenience store). I hoped they would attempt a second delivery for packages we missed, but they didn't. Our first missed package took us about 4 days to go pick up, and they never tried deliver it again. This would be no big deal in the US (where I have a car!), or if I were ordering a book, or something small. But since I keep ordering big house stuff, I'd rather not have to walk into the town and pick it up and carry it back here.

Here are the items I wanted to be sure to got delivered today:



Can you imagine me walking 1.6 km (about a mile) carrying the rug and carseats, and pushing a stroller through the snow? Me either! Anyway, James was very excited about the packages. He declared the carseats "very nice and comfy," and he LOVES his little rug with the roads, he's been playing cars for a good 15 minutes!

3 comments:

  1. Oooo! I love getting packages. Those car seats look super nice! Glad you are finally able to order some stuff! We miss you guys here. Loving keeping up with your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks super! What a great way to get stocked up on stuff. Do the carseats mean you will be getting a car soon? Love to all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That rug is perfect for that room! How fantastic!

    ReplyDelete